Diglot
Cambodia
Joined 4314 days ago

277 posts - 349 votes 
Speaks: English*, Khmer
Studies: Mandarin

Message 425 of 457
26 November 2013 at 1:38pm | IP Logged 
Just dropping in to say I reached 1500 characters and completed my November challenge!
4 persons have voted this message useful

druckfehler
Triglot
Germany
Joined 4662 days ago

1181 posts - 1912 votes 
Speaks: German*, EnglishC2, Korean
Studies: Persian

Message 426 of 457
27 November 2013 at 1:12pm | IP Logged 
Congratulations, js6426! Looks like improving your Chinese and looking after your son works quite well for you!
1 person has voted this message useful

druckfehler
Triglot
Germany
Joined 4662 days ago

1181 posts - 1912 votes 

Message 427 of 457
30 November 2013 at 9:16pm | IP Logged 
I also completed the November challenge, which means I read a total of 220 pages of 삐삐는 어른이 되기 싫어 (Pippi Longstocking) and 어떤 작위의 세계 (A World of Artificiality). Pippi was a very leisurely read and I had no problems understanding everything - it was easy to guess unknown words from context. The novel was more challenging, but got increasingly easier to follow. I had read the first 100 pages of it intensively, but didn't keep that up during the challenge. There were a few passages I didn't really understand, but I still got a lot out of it. I'm glad I chose this challenge, otherwise I might never have finished that novel... The challenge made me worry less about unknkown words - I might read the book again later and mine it for vocabulary (which will probably be easier now than if I had tried to look up everything while reading).

How did everyone else's challenges go?
2 persons have voted this message useful

maurelio1234
Triglot
Groupie
BrazilRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5874 days ago

61 posts - 92 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, EnglishC2, French
Studies: German, Mandarin

Message 428 of 457
01 December 2013 at 10:08am | IP Logged 
Just to report on my November challenge: I did it :) 65H of video watching in 30days.
For december the objective is one hour of chatting/writing everyday :).

By the way, I found a very good way to motivate myself to write more. I am someone that,
as many of you, doesn't know WHAT to write. To fix this problem, now I just go to these
sites where you have language learners writing texts (italki, lang-8...) and post
comments to their texts :) like asking more questions or saying something related to
what they said, and it works!
4 persons have voted this message useful

Warp3
United States
forum_posts.asp?TID=
Joined 5329 days ago

1419 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, Korean, Japanese

Message 429 of 457
01 December 2013 at 1:20pm | IP Logged 
maurelio1234 wrote:
Just to report on my November challenge: I did it :) 65H of video
watching in 30days.
For december the objective is one hour of chatting/writing everyday :).

By the way, I found a very good way to motivate myself to write more. I am someone that,
as many of you, doesn't know WHAT to write. To fix this problem, now I just go to these
sites where you have language learners writing texts (italki, lang-8...) and post
comments to their texts :) like asking more questions or saying something related to
what they said, and it works!

I hadn't really thought about it until you mentioned this, but it seems I have a similar
method with Twitter posts. I can rarely figure out something to post on my own, so I'll
often just read through CZ's posts and reply to one of his posts in Korean instead of
posting something new.

druckfehler
Triglot
Germany
Joined 4662 days ago

1181 posts - 1912 votes 

Message 430 of 457
01 December 2013 at 2:05pm | IP Logged 
DECEMBER TEAM CHALLENGE rat

It's time for our last team challenge! To bring our TAC year full circle I suggest that we once again have a production challenge. That means you can either post a text or a link to an audio or video of you speaking in (one or more of) your target language(s). You're free to choose a topic of your liking. For example, you could reflect upon the past year and the TAC challenge: What did you learn? How did you study? What was difficult? Are you satisfied with your progress? What are your plans for 2014? You could also talk about other things that happened this year or your plans for the next. As always, you'll ideally do something that suits your level of proficiency and is a little challenging. Please also post a rough translation in English so that all team mates can understand you. You have time to post your text until December 31.

yuhakko
Tetraglot
FranceRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4426 days ago

414 posts - 582 votes 
Speaks: French*, EnglishB2, EnglishC2, Spanish, Japanese
Studies: Korean, Norwegian, Mandarin

Message 431 of 457
02 December 2013 at 12:17am | IP Logged 
Well I've also finished most of my November challenge! And although some objectives were
not reached, I definitely consider this month as a "success" (for languages. Because
definitely not for the rest..)

If you're interested in the details, check out my log, but basically, most of what I did
was reading which I really needed.

I've also added to the team challenge some extra challenges for December for myself.

Apart from that, really congrats to the rest of you too for completing your goals for
November! Seems this month was a productive one all in all!
2 persons have voted this message useful

druckfehler
Triglot
Germany
Joined 4662 days ago

1181 posts - 1912 votes 

Message 432 of 457
02 December 2013 at 3:43am | IP Logged 
You had a huge list of goals for November and finished most of it, so I'd also call it a definite success.

yuhakko wrote:
Apart from that, really congrats to the rest of you too for completing your goals for November! Seems this month was a productive one all in all!

It's all thanks to your getting the team challenge going again... ;)

3 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 457 messages over 58 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version