Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

CZ’s TAC 15 CHN/JPN/KOR

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
844 messages over 106 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 ... 105 106 Next >>
The Real CZ
United States
Joined 5438 days ago

1069 posts - 1495 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Japanese, Korean

Message 81 of 844
13 March 2010 at 8:31pm | IP Logged 
Yeah, SNSD had their goodbye stage on Music Core today/yesterday. If you wanna see Outsider rap faster, check out his song 외톨이. You can see his live performances if you search for the music shows that happened in June and July of 2009 (or just youtube 'Outsider Alone Live'.)
1 person has voted this message useful

The Real CZ
United States
Joined 5438 days ago

1069 posts - 1495 votes 

Message 82 of 844
16 March 2010 at 4:44pm | IP Logged 
Since I have some tests and homework coming up, I've only been focusing on watching shows in both languages. Hopefully I can squeeze in some time for vocab and such, but it's not a big deal.

T-ara released their new music video yesterday and SNSD releases their new one tomorrow. Help.Me.

Warp3
United States
forum_posts.asp?TID=
Joined 5324 days ago

1419 posts - 1766 votes 
Studies: Spanish, Korean, Japanese

Message 83 of 844
17 March 2010 at 5:44pm | IP Logged 
{mini-rant} I've been trying to figure out what song 소녀시대 could possibly have been planning to use from the "Oh!" album for their "dark image" song, but none seemed to fit. Well today, I just finally realized why when I saw the title of the new MV. What exactly was the point of the "Oh!" album when just over a month later they release a repackage album that, unlike previous repackage albums, actually has new songs on it (not just remixes). Good job encouraging people to hesitate about purchasing your albums in the future, SM Entertainment! {/mini-rant}

On a different note, if 티아라 keeps releasing decent songs like this, I may have to reconsider buying their album.

BTW: Sorry if I disrupted your language blog with my rant...carry on. :D

Edited by Warp3 on 17 March 2010 at 5:45pm

The Real CZ
United States
Joined 5438 days ago

1069 posts - 1495 votes 

Message 84 of 844
18 March 2010 at 12:56am | IP Logged 
It's fine. Once I figure out a way to purchase on YesAsia (it hates my debit card), I'll be definitely purchasing T-ara's and SNSD's repackaged albums. As far as I know, this is the only repackaged album SNSD has released. I think the rule is if an album is successful (in Korea), wait a few months and see if a re-release is coming out.

I do like Run Devil Run, but out of the three "dark" songs, it's my least favorite. Though, 20 sexy girls and 3 good songs, I cannot complain at all.

--

On language learning, I'm getting closer of finishing of the last dramas(both languages) and anime I'll be watching paying attention to the subtitles. I find out even though I don't understand all of the dialogue, I still understand the story well enough. It's like speed reading a book: you know what matters.

Monday night I was chatting with one of my Korean friends on MSN, and out of the hour or so we were talking, we got in 5 minutes or so of Korean. I think at my stage, it really sucks knowing a lot more than you can use.

Edited by The Real CZ on 18 March 2010 at 12:58am

Warp3
United States
forum_posts.asp?TID=
Joined 5324 days ago

1419 posts - 1766 votes 

Message 85 of 844
18 March 2010 at 2:31pm | IP Logged 
Actually, the copy of 소녀시대's very first album that I own is the "Baby, Baby" repackage version (the original album was self-titled instead), so they have done it before. The difference, though, was that the "new" tracks on that one consisted of 1 remix and 2 medleys instead of anything really new, so not having those tracks is no big loss (in fact, they aren't even on my MP3 player as the medleys are pointless and long and the remix isn't as good as the regular version, IMO).

I did find it funny how much their new "dark" style reminds me a *lot* of 카라's style in 루팡, though...hehe

FYI, YesAsia does take PayPal as well (you just can't do split shipments with it) if that helps.

---

The "knowing a lot more than I can use" part doesn't happen quite as much with me yet (partly because much of my initial learning was from Pimsleur which is, by design, active instead of passive only); however for many of the newer things I've learned, that is the case.

The Real CZ
United States
Joined 5438 days ago

1069 posts - 1495 votes 

Message 86 of 844
21 March 2010 at 2:31pm | IP Logged 
Ah, I see. I only have the Gee and Genie minialbums, so I never knew they re-released their first album. I do agree that SNSD's and Kara's are the most similar to each other out of three, but what they're portraying is the difference.

--

Deciding to start using SRS (Anki) because I'm too lazy to review and the vocab list gets tedious after a while, especially since I'm learning words I never see or hear. For now I'll probably add song lyrics to the SRS so that it'll help me understand songs faster. I also plan on adding sentences that come in my grammar books. I try to avoid putting in translations, just words(with an English translation) and what the grammatical structure means. I've tried using Korean-Korean dictionaries and it got me nowhere.

Edited by The Real CZ on 21 March 2010 at 3:31pm

Warp3
United States
forum_posts.asp?TID=
Joined 5324 days ago

1419 posts - 1766 votes 

Message 87 of 844
21 March 2010 at 8:12pm | IP Logged 
I recently started seriously using Anki myself a few weeks back and could kick myself for not doing so much sooner. I finally got tired of seeing things pop up which make me go: "Hey, I've heard/seen that word before...ummm...what did it mean again?" Using an SRS has done wonders for remembering things I don't see or hear often in Korean media and takes very little time per day to review (especially once the easier entries start scaling out to once-per-month or longer).

Oh and I finally watched my first movie in Korean (with English subtitles) last night (and it wasn't really even my idea...I watched it at a friend's house because someone had recommended this movie to him). The English title is "A Bittersweet Life" (about a guy in the Korean mafia) and it was a pretty good film. I was able to pick out words / phrases here and there, but much of the dialog was difficult to decipher since several of the characters mumbled quite a bit. Fortunately, I have Korean subtitles for it as well, though, which should help. Hopefully this will motivate me to finally start watching the other Korean movies and TV series I have...hehe

On that note, have you tried subs2srs? It's a program for ripping subtitle pairs from movies (with optional audio, screenshots, etc.) into data for importing into Anki. This may be perfect for you since you are starting to use Anki now and watch movies and dramas fairly often. Here is a page I have bookmarked that describes using the program, though I haven't used it myself yet: http://forum.koohii.com/viewtopic.php?id=2643&action=new

Edited by Warp3 on 21 March 2010 at 8:26pm

The Real CZ
United States
Joined 5438 days ago

1069 posts - 1495 votes 

Message 88 of 844
22 March 2010 at 12:08am | IP Logged 
Korean dramas don't have Korean subs, or else I would try to use it. Plus, subs2srs seems like it's too much effort. Maybe if I had Korean movies (which are expensive, and I don't have a region 3/all dvd player.)

I really do recommend that you watch more Korean movies. The ones I've seen are good, and they are different than U.S. movies, especially the horror ones.

Edited by The Real CZ on 22 March 2010 at 1:20pm

This discussion contains 844 messages over 106 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version