12 posts - 23 votes
Speaks: German*, French, English, Croatian, Lithuanian
Studies: Albanian

Message 65 of 656
26 April 2012 at 10:08am | IP Logged 
LANGUAGE: FRENCH

CHALLENGE: THE SUPER CHALLENGE - 100 FILMS, 100 BOOKS

CURRENT LEVEL: A2-B2

I started learning French this January. By now I can read books quite comfortably, but speaking and understanding spoken French are still very hard. French will be my main focus over the next years anyway, also at university, and I will probably spend a year in France in the near future, so the Super Challenge is excellent for bringing my French to fluency.

LANGUAGE: IRISH

CHALLENGE: THE HALF SUPER CHALLENGE - 50 FILMS, 50 BOOKS

CURRENT LEVEL: A1

I have been studying Irish on and off for several year now, but never made much progress and finally want to commit to learning it more intensively. I'll be in the right environment to do this as I'll be moving to Ireland this year.

LANGUAGE: LITHUANIAN

CHALLENGE: THE HALF SUPER CHALLENGE - 100 BOOKS

CURRENT LEVEL: B1

I'm living in Lithuania at the moment, but I'll leave the country in summer. The Super Challenge will help me to maintain my current skills and especially strenghten my reading skills as I'm mainly speaking the language over here. Getting enough movies in Lithuanian will be impossible, that's why I'm sticking to the books.
1 person has voted this message useful

Marikki
Tetraglot
Finland
Joined 5289 days ago

130 posts - 210 votes 
Speaks: Finnish*, English, Spanish, Swedish
Studies: German

Message 66 of 656
26 April 2012 at 4:02pm | IP Logged 
LANGUAGE:
Spanish

CHALLENGE:
Full

CURRENT LEVEL:
A2/ B1/B2 depending on the area (i.e. listening B1, reading B2, writing A2, conversing A2).

COMMENTS:
I hope I’m still qualified for the challenge although I already have read 26 books in Spanish. I was at A1/ A2 (my own evaluation, I’m self-studying) when I begun reading the first book. I took a couple of private lessons in March when I was in Ecuador but otherwise reading novels and watching some TV is all I’ve done. Should my reading skills disqualify me from the challenge, I want anyways thank Solfrid Cristin for the excellent idea and initiative!

Edited by Marikki on 26 April 2012 at 5:35pm

Cavesa
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 4803 days ago

3277 posts - 6779 votes 
Speaks: Czech*, FrenchC2, EnglishC1
Studies: Spanish, German, Italian

Message 67 of 656
26 April 2012 at 4:07pm | IP Logged 
GERMAN, HALF (50/50), level around A1

This will be a huge challenge for me, but I'm looking forward to it.

SPANISH, HALF (50/50), level around B1

I would be reading and watching anyways, so why not.

I will fully participate from the end of July but I think it won't be much of an
obstacle. My progress will be added to my TAC log.

kaloolah
Diglot
Canada
Joined 4659 days ago

16 posts - 26 votes
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Spanish

Message 68 of 656
26 April 2012 at 6:25pm | IP Logged 
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
kaloolah wrote:
I'm in for French.

Full, half, Super Duper or just Super? :-)

the full super challenge

Katze
Diglot
Germany
Joined 4854 days ago

11 posts - 11 votes
Speaks: German*, EnglishC1
Studies: French, Japanese

Message 69 of 656
28 April 2012 at 7:34pm | IP Logged 
Language: Japanese

Challenge: half (50 books / 50 movies)

Current level: fighting with A2

Comment: I do not know if I make it, but I give it a try.

Blog: not yet, but thinking about it. If so, I will put a link in my profile.

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5128 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 70 of 656
28 April 2012 at 11:40pm | IP Logged 
There are just two days left for the challenge - and I can hardly wait. I feel like an Olympic athlete, waiting to hear the whistle to start to run.

Please notice that I am encouraging everyone to register not only in this thread, but also on the

Super Challenge bot

Now you do not have to register on the bot - but it makes it more fun.

You may still choose to register only here, and you will be just as much part of the challenge. If you do not like Twitter, that is o.k.

Personally I love a good bot though :-) It made me bust my tush on both the 6WC and the Tadoku challenge, and I loved going in to see how I was doing.

What the bot cannot provide of course, is encouragements and comments - so this will still be kept in this thread. In the bot you can say that you have seen a film - and the title. Here you can also say if you liked the film and when you are noting progress.

If once the bot is up you prefer to make updates there only, that is fine, and if you like to list every single book or film here in this thread - that is also fine. Each and one of you can do what you prefer, what you find most effecient, or what motivates you most.

Edited by Solfrid Cristin on 07 May 2012 at 9:39pm

3 persons have voted this message useful

geoffw
Triglot
United States
Joined 4482 days ago

1134 posts - 1865 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Yiddish
Studies: Modern Hebrew, French, Dutch, Italian, Russian

Message 71 of 656
29 April 2012 at 3:07am | IP Logged 
The Super Challenge was born of Solfrid Cristin's completion of her first ever book in Russian. Just in time for the
beginning of the challenge, I finished my warmup for my French/Dutch half challenges by completing:

"Book #0": Harry Potter en de Gevangene van Azkaban.

That's the first complete book I ever finished in a language I didn't learn as a child! Here's looking forward to
finishing my first in French, my first in Yiddish, and many more in all of the above. Good luck everybody! Veel
succes!

espejismo
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4845 days ago

498 posts - 905 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: Spanish, Greek, Azerbaijani

Message 72 of 656
29 April 2012 at 3:23am | IP Logged 
geoffw wrote:

"Book #0": Harry Potter en de Gevangene van Azkaban.

That's the first complete book I ever finished in a language I didn't learn as a child! Here's looking forward to
finishing my first in French, my first in Yiddish, and many more in all of the above. Good luck everybody! Veel
succes!

and I just finished Harry Potter y el prisionero de Azkaban, the first complete book I ever read in Spanish! Took me about a month, but I still feel very proud of myself. :P

EDIT (to stay within the rules of this thread): Желаю удачи всем участникам! :)

Edited by espejismo on 29 April 2012 at 4:05pm

3 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 656 messages over 82 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 810 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version